Social Icons

twittergoogle plusrss feedemail

Monday, April 14, 2014

What is Preachin’ in the Kitchen?



Preachin’ in the Kitchen is a phrase I coined and encourage myself with in the Lord. It is an understanding where I purposely look at my life - with all of the ups and downs, disappointments and victories - as an opportunity for God to minister to me by teaching me and guiding me into all truth... right there where I am (John 16:13). Then afterwards, I have the wonderful opportunity to reciprocate that truth to others (Acts 4:20). What a blessing!

I don’t know about you, but where I am right now in my life is not where I want to be; my God given dreams has not been realized nor is it in view. Everything that has gone wrong did! And what God told me He was going to do through me and for me seem a far off… way off. Nevertheless I am grateful! I’m grateful because I now understand that I need to be here because it is necessary to prepare me for over there. That is why I MUST preach in the kitchen.

Like a real kitchen, it is the designated place for preparing that which nourishes us. In addition, the kitchen is that predetermined area in the house specifically designed for specific appliances and functions such as the refrigerator, oven, and the sink. The kitchen is usually fully equipped and has the capacity to house all that the kitchen is purposed to produce. The kitchen is also the area in our homes where we, not only prepare and nourish ourselves and our families, but it is the heart of the home; the most congregated area in the house. This is the place where traditions are fostered; it is a place to gather, to talk and to reconnect. It is also the place where fights and arguments go down (especially during the holidays), secrets are told, and affairs are had. Oh, a lot goes on in the kitchen!

The kitchen perpetuates all of the memorable experiences that we hold drear and often want to forget, but in retrospect we do learn from them all. While God was teaching me to stop my foolishness (complaining and engaging in shoulda, woulda coulda pity parties with myself), He taught me how to turn every day of my life into a ministry moment – teaching me how to effectively minister to myself first as He ministers to me. This then empowers me to minister to others (2Cor. 1:4) - right where I am - thus fully embracing the concept of Preachin’ in the Kitchen.


Sonia Kong


What to read next? Click below
Working In Purpose







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Your Sheet Is Hanging!

Coming Soon!

Listen to Our Podcast On SPREAKER

Be Empowered!

 
Blogger Templates